Board Meeting Minutes

FaST Board Meeting Thursday 7th June 2018 – 7:30pm

Present: Garry Ward, Phil Martin, Paul Spicer,  Kevin Dyer, Sarah Hoyle, John Davey and Brian Blewett

  • Apologies for absence and approval of previous meeting minutes

Apologies had been received from Luke Burford and Malcolm Upward

There were no issues with the previous meeting’s minutes.         

  • Secretary’s Report.

The annual accounts return (AR30) has been completed and submitted to the FCA.

  • Treasurer’s Report  

Financial standing:

Cash at 31st Mar £6773

Cash in during April and May: Standing Orders, 50/50 ticket sales, donations, Boost the Boro collections, memberships and Cherrywood chance, £605.

Cash out:  Boost the Boro payments, minibuses expenses, £563

Cash in Bank @ 30th May £6815

Bank account signatories. Additional details had been requested by the Co-Op bank for Kevin, Malcolm, Luke, John and Brian.

Kevin and Malcolm had complied. Brian supplied details during the meeting. Luke and John to provide.

It was discussed that, due to the frustration encountered with the Co-Op’s insistence for us to provide so much information for non signatories, when our intention was just to bring the signatories of the account up to date, we might look elsewhere for a suitable account. Paul to investigate

  • Membership Secretary’s Report.

Currently 53 members.

  • Data Protection.

There are 5 current members who don’t have email addresses. These will have to be managed manually.

The system is set to send renewal emails to members 28 days and 11 days before their expiry date, and again one day after expiry if they have not renewed. This function has been checked by Malcolm and expired members are removed from the current members list. The system has been set with a 1 month “grace period” after expiry date, during which time members will remain current if they have not renewed.

Further actions required:

(1)   Amend the FaST website so that the join button in the menu bar points to the membermojo site.

(2)   We need to publicise the fact that joining FaST is now easier and can be a paperless process by joining online. Forum/social media/programme

  • Farnborough Youth.

Successful season on the pitch.Two teams winning their respective cup competitions and a further 2 finishing runners up in their respective divisions.

Under 8’s won their age group fairplayaward out of more than 80 teams. This is calculated using the marks awarded by opposition teams for the sections; players, team management, and spectators.

Farnborough Youth was awarded the Charter Standard Club of the Year award for the Aldershot FA area at the Hampshire Grass Roots Awards at Southampton FC.

Additionally, the development section (u7-u11) are the inaugural winners of the Roger Moon Memorial Trophy for fair play, and the club are the winners of the Bernard Burke Trophy as overall North Hants Youth League fair play champions, for the second time in four years.

FaST would like to put it on record that it highly commends the players, management and parents of Farnborough Youth on winning these awards.

Farnborough Youth presentation evening is to be held at FFC on 16th June. The annual tournament will be held over the weekends of 30th June/1st July and 7th/8th July.

  • FaST Ground Development Fund

Refurbishment of Platinum lounge toilets to be the launch project. Leaflets/programme adverts/social media adverts/website article require writing and designing.

  • FaST Projects.  

The boot exchange idea raised by Luke is still planned to go ahead and will be completed when time is available.

FaST ground advertisement now to incorporate the Ground development fund. Requires designing.

The board allocated the sum of £1000 for the renewal of floodlight bulbs.

  • Date and time of next meeting.

Thursday 2nd August 7.30pm.

FaST Board Meeting Thursday 5th April 2018 – 7:30pm

Present: Garry Ward, Phil Martin, Paul Spicer,  Kevin Dyer, Malcolm Upward, John Davey and Brian Blewett

  • Apologies for absence and approval of previous meeting minutes

Apologies had been received from Luke Burford.

There were no issues with the previous meeting’s minutes.        

  • Secretary’s Report.

Phil highlighted that the following board members were up for re-election at the

impending AGM. Phil Martin, Paul Spicer, John Davey, Luke Burford and Brian Blewett. All indicated that they were happy to re-stand for election, although Phil vented his frustration with some fans that continue to damage the good work of the trust by posting inaccurate information on social media platforms.

All members with email addresses have been invited to the AGM using the Membermojo group email address that Malcolm had set up (see separate item below) and some apologies had already been received. Adverts had also been posted on Twitter, Facebook and the club website.

  • Treasurer’s Report  

The accounts for period ending 31st Dec 2017, drawn up by Paul and agreed by the independent reviewer, were presented to the board.

Paul reported that the minibus made a loss of £335 during the season. The board were in agreement that this was a good cause and agreed to cover any shortfall for the following season.

The wording on the FaST website for Cherrywood Chance has now been brought up to date to reflect it being brought in house.

Financial standing:

Cash at 22nd Feb £7471

Cash in during Mar: Standing Orders, 50/50 ticket sales, donations, Boost the Boro collections, memberships and Cherrywood chance, £1041.

Cash out:  Boost the Boro payments, away dressing room, minibuses and expenses, £1739.

Cash in Bank @ 31st Mar £6773

  • Membership Secretary’s Report.

Currently 50 members.

  • Farnborough Youth.

Malcolm reported that it had once again been a relatively successful season. The club were currently top of the fair play league in the development league (up to U11)

The youth section are once again looking to renew the kit deal with the club which will hopefully again see them in the same strip as the senior First team.

  • FaST Ground Development Fund

The name of the new fundraising initiative was agreed and The FaST Ground Development Fund will be launched and go live at the AGM.

  • Data Protection.

Malcolm explained the benefits of the Membermojo administration system as used by the youth section and how it would satisfy the new data protection rules due to go into force in May (GDPR). He has set up a trial account for FaST and input current membership data. The board agreed to continue the trial and thanked Malcolm for his efforts.

  • Matters arising from previous minutes.

Garry reported back that he had secured a 10% discount in the club shop for FaST members.

  • FaST Projects.  

The boot exchange idea raised by Luke is still planned to go ahead and will be completed when time is available but the recent refurbishment of the away dressing room has had to take precedence.

FaST ground advertisement now to be delayed until the announcement of the new FaST project funding initiative.

Likely projects for the new Fast fund initiative will be discussed at the next board meeting but are likely to be floodlight bulb replacements and toilet refurbishment.

  • AOB.

FSF membership had been renewed (free)

Date and time of next meeting.

Thursday 7th June, 7.30pm.

FaST Board Meeting Thursday 22nd February 2018 – 7:30pm

Present: Garry Ward, Phil Martin, Paul Spicer,  Kevin Dyer, Luke Burford and Rob Prince.

  • Apologies for absence.

Apologies had been received from Malcolm Upward, John Davey and Brian Blewett.        

  • Update/discussion with Rob Prince regarding future Partnership.

Garry welcomed Rob and stated that following the recent departure of several big name

players, that the board wanted an update of the club’s ambitions on the field, and how it was perceived the “Boost the Boro” scheme would look going forward.

Rob regretfully admitted that despite best efforts, the “Boost the Boro” scheme had not really gone to plan. He thanked the Trust for what donations had been handed over, but agreed that there is a general reluctance amongst the supporters to help fund the team budget. It was agreed that fans are generally happier to help fund infrastructure projects where there is visibility of improvements, and where the matchday experience can be enhanced. To this end, FaST agreed that a completely new initiative will be launched in time for next season and presented to the members at the April AGM.

Rob also gave an update on some other areas of the business. From a community point of view, there are plans for more involvement of local schools following on from the successful visit of Cherrywood Community Primary School, which was publicised not only on the club website, but also in the local press.

Commercially the club is doing ok with the recent announcement of the stadium sponsorship. There is currently a feasibility study into the possibility of renting roof space out for solar panel installation, with the club benefiting from discounted electricity as a result. Rob also wanted to reiterate that any negative press, whether in the local papers or on public forums, often hinders potential sponsorship deals and make progress for the club difficult.

  • Treasurer’s Report  

Supporters Direct fee was due and it was agreed by all present to remain members.

Change of signatories for the Trust’s bank account was still ongoing.

The accounts for year end 31st Dec 2016 were being drawn up and vetted in time for the AGM.

Paul asked if a Cherrywood Chance  “tab” could be added to the FaST website which could be updated by Luke/Paul.

Financial standing:

Cash at 31st Dec £6720

Cash in during Jan/Feb:  Standing Orders, 50/50 ticket sales, donations, Boost the Boro collections, memberships and Cherrywood chance, £1546.

Cash out:  Boost the Boro payments and expenses, £795.

Cash in Bank @ 28th Feb £7471

  • Membership Secretary’s Report.

Currently 46 members.

  • Matters arising from previous minutes.

Supporters Player of the Year. Garry reported back that Bob Perry would like to stand down from running the competition, although he has agreed to source the trophy and get it engraved. The board wish to thank Bob for his efforts  running this over recent years. It was agreed to continue with the award, despite the high turnover of players. Phil to supply a list of players and their appearances. Luke suggested an online vote which he is happy to administer and it was agreed that a paper, backup version could be administered through Sue Reason in the club shop for those not wishing to vote online.

Away dressing room and tunnel area refurb. Work was well under way using the money allocated by FaST at the previous meeting and had attracted some good publicity on the Southern League Website and on social media.

26th April confirmed for the AGM.

  • FaST Projects.  

The boot exchange idea raised by Luke is still planned to go ahead and will be completed when time is available but the recent refurbishment of the away dressing room has had to take precedence.

FaST ground advertisement. It was agreed that we would get more value for money with a banner type advertisement as widely used by FFC around the pitch perimeter. This is now to be delayed until the announcement of the new FaST project funding initiative.

  • AOB.

Garry suggested that the Trust approached Sue Reason in the club shop to see if it was possible to introduce a discount on merchandise for Trust members as an incentive for joining. Agreed by all, Garry to ask Sue if possible.

  • Date and time of next meeting.

Thursday 5th April, 7.30pm.

FaST Board Meeting Thursday 4th January 2018 – 7:30pm

Present: Garry Ward, Phil Martin, Paul Spicer,  Kevin Dyer, John Davey, Malcolm Upward.

Apologies for absence. 

Apologies had been received from Luke Burford and Brian Blewett.

Secretaries Report 

It was brought to the attention of the board that Kevin Dyer had resigned from the Football Club board of directors. Phil Martin remains a director of the club and represents FaST’s views at that level.

Phil reported back that he had been included in discussions with the club’s management team about the upcoming changes in playing personnel.

Treasurer’s Report  

Cash at 31st Oct £6224

Cash in during Nov/Dec including Standing Orders, 50/50 ticket sales, donations, Boost the Boro collections, memberships and Cherrywood chance being brought “in house”: £1474

Outgoings for same period including Boost the Boro payments and FCA membership: £978

Cash in bank as at 31st Dec £6720

Membership Secretary’s Report.

Currently 48 members.

Matters arising from previous minutes.FaST minibus starting to make a small loss but as it is proving to be a vital service, the board are happy to continue to subsidise it. It was thought that a larger sign near the turnstiles would help to raise awareness.

We still need to recruit someone to wear the Farney Falcon mascot outfit on match days.

Farnborough Youth.

Malcolm reported that the under 10’s won their league cup.

A new under 7 team is being launched.

An adults team made up of mainly old boys has been launched but are having difficulties getting matches as it’s mid season. Malcolm is talking to the league to try and get friendlies.

Walking football is still running with numbers increasing. Everyone who takes part is being encouraged to register their details with Malcolm to aid administration.

FaST Projects.  

The boot exchange idea raised by Luke is still planned to go ahead. It was decided that it might be too adventurous to produce a dry storage outside so it will be constructed in the club shop which Sue has approved.

FaST ground advertisement board is being chased up by Phil and Kevin.

Phil asked if the Trust would consider putting some money aside for some improvement to the away dressing room and player’s tunnel area. The matter was discussed and the board members present agreed to a £500 maximum spend.

AOB.

Supporters player of the year. Garry to speak to Bob to see if he is still willing to source a trophy and conduct the vote from the 50/50 table.

A provisional date of 26th April was agreed for the AGM.

Date and time of next meeting.

Thursday 22nd Feb, 7.30pm.

FaST Board Meeting Thursday 14th September 2017 – 7:30pm

Present: Garry Ward, Phil Martin, Paul Spicer,  Kevin Dyer, John Davey, Brian Blewitt,

Malcolm Upward.

Apologies for absence.

Apologies had been received from Luke.

Secretaries Report

FCA membership invoice received and passed to Paul for payment.

Treasurer’s Report  

Cash at 31st Aug £7026

Cash in during Sep/Oct including Standing Orders, 50/50 ticket sales, donations, Boost the Boro collections and memberships: £1290

Outgoings for same period including club support for toilet block repairs, Boost the Boro payments and 50/50 ticket printing: £2092

Cash in bank as at 31st Oct £6224

Cherrywood chance now taken over fully by the Trust from Graham Ellicott. Only 6

participants but creates a small profit so the Trust will look into ways of expanding the participation in due course.

Bank account signatories changing to Phil, Garry and Paul. Forms from the Cooperative bank have been completed. The following resolutions were passed by the board members present:

  1. The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. (“the Bank”) shall continue as our bankers in accordance with our original application
  2. the Bank shall be authorised to accept instructions (including written instructions sent by facsimile and electronic instructions through the use of digital signatures and/or identification numbers or passwords) from us in connection with the account(s) and the service, provided that the instructions are given and/or signed in accordance with the signing authority listed in the account signatories Section 4b. Instructions shall mean: cheques, bills of exchange, promissory notes or other orders for payment drawn, made or accepted on our behalf (even if the payments cause the account(s) to be overdrawn) and requests or instructions in writing concerning the account(s), our affairs or property (including the opening of the new account(s), the arranging of facilities and creation of security)
  3. the Bank shall be authorised to honour all cheques and all other documents made or accepted on our behalf even if such payment causes any accounts to be overdrawn or increase any existing overdraft, provided that such documents are signed in accordance with the specimen signatures shown in the account signatories Section 4b
  4. the Bank shall act on all specimen signatures in accordance with instruction, notice, request or other document in writing concerning our account (including the opening of new accounts), affairs or property, as shown in the account signatories Section 4b
  5. the Bank shall be sent a copy of any future resolutions which affect the terms of these resolutions
  6. the Bank shall be sent a copy of any changes in our Memorandum and Articles of Association/Regulations, constitution, rule book or byelaws
  7. the Bank shall be notified in writing of any change of Directors, Trustees, Members or Officials, where applicable some charities are also registered as Ltd, so will need to include full list
  8. the Bank shall be notified in writing of any change of official authorised to sign on our behalf
  9. the Bank shall otherwise continue to operate our account(s) in accordance with the business account mandate
  10. the Bank shall be notified in writing of any overall change of control in the organisation
  11. all signatories to the account are aged 18 or over
  12. in the case of joint account holders, we agree that on application by one of us for an overdraft on the account the Bank may provide oral pre-contractual information to one of us only prior to the overdraft being agreed. In this case any overdraft terms will be sent to multiple account holders after the overdraft is agreed and available to use.

It is certified that these resolutions have been recorded in the minute book and that the specimen signatures shown in the account signatories Section 4b are correct.

We authorise and request that until you receive written notice from us to the contrary to treat and consider additional signatories listed in Section 3b as fully empowered by us and on our behalf:

  1. to draw, sign and endorse cheques and other orders for payment on our account(s) with you
  2. to draw, sign, accept and endorse bills of exchange and promissory notices on our account(s) with you
  3. to receive cheques, statements and other vouchers relating to our account(s) with you
  4. to withdraw all or any of our securities, documents, or other property or anything else held by you by way of security or for safe  custody collection or any other purpose whatsoever on my/our account(s)
  5. to arrange terms with you for the negotiation or discount of any documents
  6. to negotiate with you for and take advances whether by way of loan, overdraft discount or otherwise with or without security
  7. to charge, pledge and deposit with you any of our property upon such terms as you may require to secure the payment or discharge  to you on demand of all monies and liabilities which shall for the time being (and whether on or at time after such demand) be due owing  or incurred to you by us whether actually or contingently and whether solely or jointly with any other person and whether as principal or surety including interest discount commission and other banking charges
  8. generally to act on our behalf in all transactions and matters of business with you and to comply fully with any account terms   and conditions and security requirements you may operate in connection with our account(s) with you now or in the future
  9. to act on the above instructions and in particular to pay and honour all such cheques, orders, bills, notes or requests as above mentioned  notwithstanding that any such payment may cause our said account(s) to be overdrawn or may increase any existing overdraft.

Paul to progress.

Membership Secretary’s Report.

Currently 41 members

FaST projects.

FaST advertising sign designed by Luke. Signs Express have been emailed but no reply has been received. Kevin/Phil to chase.

No new projects will be discussed until a review of predicted income for the year is completed. Paul to report back to the board.

Farnborough Youth.

Malcolm reported that the younger groups are flourishing.  Consideration is being given to starting up an adults team made up of mainly old boys. Walking football is still running when suitable supervision permits.

AOB.  

The boot exchange idea raised by Luke is still planned to go ahead. It was decided that it might be too adventurous to produce a dry storage outside so consideration is to be given to using some space in the club shop with Sue’s consent.

The search for someone to take on the role of club mascot (Farney Falcon) needs to be reinvigorated as no current volunteers are willing or able to carry out the role. Possibly advertise the role?

FaST minibus update. Currently just breaking even but proving to be a vital service with those using it missing games when it’s not operated.

A concern was raised that FaST was falling behind with its presence on social media. Phil offered to start up a new Twitter page as it is believed the old login details have been lost. Linked Facebook page to follow later.

Date and time of next meeting. Thursday 4th January 2018, 7.30pm

FaST Board Meeting Thursday 14th September 2017 – 7:30pm

Present: Garry Ward, Phil Martin, Paul Spicer,  Kevin Dyer, John Davey, Luke Burford.

Apologies for absence.

Apologies had been received from Brian and Malcolm.

Treasurer’s Report  

Cash at May 31st  £6076

Cash in during Jun/Jul/Aug including Standing Orders, 50/50 ticket sales, donations, Boost the Boro collections and memberships: £1394

Outgoings for same period including club support for toilet block repairs and Boost the Boro payments: £444

Cash in bank as at 31st Aug £7026

Graham Ellicott has contacted Paul stating that he now wishes to cease administering the “Cherrywood Chance” lottery.

Following discussion on Cherrywood Chance, it was agreed that responsibility for running this initiative would move to Paul Spicer in the short term while a review of its viability / composition was undertaken.

Graham Ellicott would be requested to provide details of current membership and any documentation relating to the operation of Cherrywood Chance.

Authorised signatories for Cherrywood Chance would be changed from Graham Ellicott and David Hughes (who were approved to ‘administer’ the lottery when FaST took it over in 2012) to Paul Spicer (treasurer), Garry Ward (chair) and Phil Martin (secretary). The current signatories of the bank account would also be updated to reflect the proposed new signatories listed above.

Sincere thanks were given to Graham for his efforts with this initiative over many years.

A new batch of 50/50 tickets have been ordered. Cost is £335 and covers enough tickets for the next 2 years. This cost is usually covered by Ellis builders who advertise on the reverse side. Garry to contact Tony Duff to see if Ellis are still willing to pay for these.

Membership Secretary’s Report.

44 members.

Garry to produce a statement covering all that Fast have achieved over the last few years which can be sent out with membership renewals.

Kevin to ask for a volunteer to push membership sales at home matches

Staffing of the FaST table (50/50 ticket sales) discussed for problematic matches when current volunteers are away. Cover has been offered by Suzanne Martin with back up offered from both Garry and Phil.

FaST projects.

FaST advertising sign designed by Luke. Signs Express have been emailed but no reply has been received. Kevin/Phil to chase.

Toilet block repairs are complete, bar a few cosmetic items. Total cost to FaST came in at £1426.31  The trust had pledged a maximum of £1500 for this project.

No new projects will be discussed until a review of predicted income for the year is completed. Paul to report back to the board.

AOB.  Luke showed the board pictures of a football boot exchange scheme he had seen during a visit to another team’s ground and asked if it was possible to set up something similar. Kevin happy to release space in the ground for such an initiative. The board agreed this would be a worthwhile community venture.

It was brought to the board’s attention that there was no vegetarian option at the “FaST Food” burger bar. It was suggested that a fish finger sandwich/bap could be an alternative. Kevin to ask Roger if this would be possible.

Disappointment was shown that the planned supporters coach to Merthyr had been cancelled due to lack of enough support to make it viable. It was identified that there was a need to run smaller minibuses to less popular games. Kevin suggested that we use the club’s good relationship with Farnborough Van & Truck Hire through Sue Reason to run a FaST organised minibus. It was agreed to trial this for a couple of matches. Luke offered the services of Andy Burford, as driver if required along with Chris Cooke who has driven minibuses and coaches for the club over many years.  The service would be provided at a discounted rate for FaST members as an incentive for new memberships, as well as being open to non members, starting with the trip to Biggleswade Town on 30th September.

Date and time of next meeting. Thursday 9th November, 7.30pm

FaST Board Meeting Tuesday 6th June 2017 – 7:30pm

Present: Garry Ward, Phil Martin, Paul Spicer,  Kevin Dyer, John Davey, Brian Blewitt.

Apologies for absence.

Apologies had been received from Luke, Malcolm.

Secretary’s Report.  

Phil advised the board that the 2016 accounts have been submitted to the FCA.

A brief overview of the AGM minutes will be posted on the FaST website.       

Treasurer’s Report  

Cash at Mar 31st  £7662.

Cash in during Apr/May including Standing Orders, 50/50 ticket sales, donations, Boost the Boro collections and memberships: £1507.  

Outgoings for same period including club support for toilet block repairs and flood light repairs and Boost the Boro payments: £3093.  

Cash in bank as at 31st May £6076

Membership Secretary’s Report.

42 members.

FaST projects.

Pitch perimeter fence ongoing. No funding required at this moment in time.

FaST advertising sign designed by Luke and Phil/Kevin to speak to Signs Express for costing.

Toilet block repairs are progressing well and will be ready in time for the pre season tournament at the end of July. FaST have currently funded breeze blocks, sand and cement for the wall repairs and sheet steel for the wall reinforcement, to the tune of £750. The trust has pledged a maximum of £1500 for this project and it is hoped to come in under this figure.

Flood light repairs have been carried out using a cherry picker funded by FaST and bulbs purchased by the Trust. The club wishes to extend it’s thanks to the Trust for it’s continued help with the upkeep of the floodlights. Cost £871.

AOB.  Extensive discussions took place about the level of funding given to the “Boost the Boro” initiative for the coming season. After reviewing the level of commitment from last season, the Trust’s bank balance and the views of the members at the AGM, it was decided to lower the Trust’s commitment to £200 per month for 10 months, starting on 1st August. This figure will be reviewed at each board meeting and it is hoped that attendance figures will rise in the new league, and with them, 50/50 ticket sales, enabling a higher commitment. Additional donations and standing orders will be added to this figure in line with the previous season.

Date and time of next meeting.  Monday 11th September

FaST Board Meeting Monday 3rd April 2017 – 7:30pm

Present: Garry Ward, Phil Martin, Paul Spicer,  Kevin Dyer, John Davey, Malcolm Upward.

Apologies for absence.

Apologies had been received from Luke, Rob and Brian.

Secretary’s Report.  

Due to a mix up during the changeover of Trust secretary from Graham Ellicott to Phil Martin, the annual return of the Trust’s accounts for 2015, to the FCA was overlooked. Accounts were produced and presented at the 2016 AGM and should have been sent to the FCA within 7months of the year end (31st December 2015).

The return has now been completed and are showing on their website and we await to see if there will be any penalty.

Board members up for re-election at forthcoming AGM: Garry Ward      

Treasurer’s Report  

Cash at Jan 28th £7901.

Cash in during Feb/Mar including Standing Orders, 50/50 ticket sales, donations, Boost the Boro collections and memberships: £1201.  

Outgoings for same period including Boost the Boro payments: £1440.  

Cash in bank as at 31st Mar £7662

Membership Secretary’s Report.

48 plus 5 pending

FaST projects.

Pitch perimeter fence ongoing. No funding required at this moment in time.

FaST advertising sign designed by Luke and Phil/Kevin to speak to Signs Express

for costing.

Phil to source sheet steel for toilet block reinforcement.

Farnborough Youth.

Malcolm reported that it has been a successful season, the highlights being:

U19’s won the divisional cup,

U12’s narrowly lost their division,

U14’s made it to 2 cup finals,

U13’s assured of at least runners up in their division,

U12’s represented Rushmoor in Germany

Aiden Upward became the first ex Farnborough Youth player since Nic Ciardini to be called up to the first team squad.

Malcolm requested that FaST supplies T Shirts for the first team ball boys (U12’s) which was agreed, Malcolm to get a quote.  The club continues to support the youth section with occasional use of the ground.

The walking football section, Farnborough Youth Old Boys (FYOBs) continues to hold weekly sessions with many supporters/FaST members enjoying the exercise and the social side.

AOB.  Paul presented the 2016 accounts to the board for approval and signing ahead of the AGM where they would be presented to the membership. Included was an independent review by Roger Waters-Duke stating the accounts reasonably reflected the documentation provided and the business of the trust.

The Trust agreed to sponsor the supporters coach to the Ashford away match as agreed previously with Gary Thornton.

Phil asked if it was ok for FaST to purchase a spare set of defibrillator pads which was agreed.

Date and time of next meeting.  Tuesday 6th June.

FaST Board Meeting Monday 30th January 2017 – 7:30pm

Present: Garry Ward, Phil Martin, Paul Spicer,  Kevin Dyer, John Davey.

Apologies for absence.  Apologies had been received from Luke, Rob, Brian and Malcolm.

Secretary’s Report.  AGM date set for Thursday 27th April at 7.30pm.

Treasurer’s Report.  Cash at Dec 3rd £7915. Cash in during Dec/Jan including Standing Orders, 50/50 ticket sales, donations, Boost the Boro collections and memberships: £466 + £844.  Outgoings for same period including Boost the Boro payments: £587 + £737. Cash in bank as at 28th Jan £7901

Membership Secretary’s Report. Currently running at 49.

FaST projects.

Pitch perimeter fence ongoing. No funding required at this moment in time.

FaST advertising sign to be designed by Luke and Phil/Kevin to speak to Signs Express for costing

Matters arising from AOB  

Having funded the construction of the new burger bar, FaST would like to know if sales are up and if so by how much on a percentage basis. Phil/Kevin to take forward to the next board meeting.

Use of the Yela Bus as suggested by FaST member, John Ellis, as a possible means of transport for a FaST subsidised supporters coach to away games was discussed. There is a £10 annual membership fee. Hire charge is £15 + £1.10 per mile. Driver is an additional £1.10 per mile over 50 miles.

Buses have 15 passenger seats.

AOB.

Membership benefits.  As we are trying to increase membership numbers, a discussion was held about possible FaST membership benefits. It was suggested and agreed that we would resume the discount on away travel by refunding members on the supporter’s coach the sum of £2. It was also suggested that members would receive a free soft drink when purchasing food from the FaST Food burger bar. For this membership cards would be required and there was questions as to whether these were still issued.

Graham Ellicott Donation.  Graham, a previous FaST chairman/secretary/board member of many years is completing a sponsored 75 mile cycle ride in aid of The Royal Free Hospital and it’s Liver Cancer charity.  The board thought it appropriate to make a donation of £100 to Graham’s fund in recognition of his many years service to the trust and Farnborough supporters.

Vandalised toilets.  Kevin and Phil asked the Trust, on behalf of the club, if it could help out financially with the repair of the vandalised toilets. A plan was being formulated to substantially reinforce the building to prevent any further structural damage, probably by the use of steel plating. The majority of the work will be carried out in the close season.  It was agreed by the board that a sum of £1500 would be put aside to help fund the project.

Date and time of next meeting.  Monday 3rd April.

 

Advertisements